Below is a snapshot of the current activity/airstrikes in southwest asia. Notice there isn't much happening in Afghanistan? But aren't we at war still in Afghanistan? Yes kids we are but your Marines there are bored out of their minds sitting on forward operating bases and not killing the enemy. Then why are they there? Great question. However if you read below, most of the airstrikes are where obama said he ended the war (click on the link, trust me you will like it). Does any of that make sense? Time for a C-Gar
SOUTHWEST ASIA – On Sep. 1, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted five airstrikes using attack, bomber, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted eight airstrikes coordinated with the government of Iraq using attack, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
“In the last two days, coalition airstrikes near Bayji have removed a number of Daesh terrorists from the battlefield,” said Col. Wayne Marotto, CJTF-OIR public affairs officer. “Daesh may persist on sending reinforcements, and we will continue to eliminate them.”
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
* Near Al Hawl, one airstrike destroyed an ISIL front end loader.
* Near Ar Raqqah, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL bunker.
* Near Mar’a, two airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and destroyed two ISIL buildings, an ISIL excavator, an ISIL fighting position and an ISIL mortar system.
* Near Washiyah, one airstrike struck an ISIL artillery piece.
* Near Al Qaim, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Bayji, one airstrike struck an ISIL large tactical unit and destroyed four ISIL vehicles and an ISIL homemade explosives facility.
* Near Haditha, one airstrike destroyed two ISIL vehicles and an ISIL VBIED.
* Near Mosul, two airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions and an ISIL heavy machine gun.
* Near Qayyrah, one airstrike struck an ISIL staging area.
* Near Sinjar, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed four ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL heavy machine gun and an ISIL light machine gun.
* Near Tal Afar, one airstrike struck an ISIL mortar firing position.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and the U.S. Read more here