Being married to a Marine is said to be the toughest job in the Corps. To help meet the demands of the challenging lifestyle that our families experience everyday, there are several programs that offer a variety of programs that help build strong families.
MCFTB provides educational resources and services to foster personal growth and enhance the readiness of Marine Corps families. MCFTB is comprised of the following:
- Key Volunteer Network (KVN)
- Lifestyle Insights, Networking, Knowledge and Skills (L.I.N.K.S.)
- Spouses’ Learning Series (SLS)
- Prevention and Relationship Enhancement Program (PREP)
- Chaplains Religious Enrichment and Development Operation (CREDO)
What is a Family Readiness Officer (FRO)? A portion of the FRO’s responsibilities include:
- Actively manage, coordinate and promote all matters pertaining to unit family readiness.
- Serve as the military point of contact concerning unit family readiness issues.
- Serve as the military protocol subject matter expert for family readiness events and for the KVN.
- Be familiar with MCO 1754.6A and NAVMC 1754.6A.
- Learn about all available resources to promote family readiness.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all MCFTB programs.
- Arrange for all appropriate KVN administrative and logistical support.
- Ensure command policy regarding information flow to families of single Marines is established and supported.
For a more complete listing of the FRO’s responsibilities, click here.